Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a 1980's Pillsbury Bake-Off Dessert Cookbook. Cook time does not include the time to refrigerate the pie.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, butter, lemon juice, milk, and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Cover and cool.
- Fold in sour cream; pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and lemon slice curls.
This is absolutely wonderful. Lemon and luscious, just as the name advertises. My family likes the lemon taste to be a little more lemony, so I added an extra tablespoon of lemon juice and cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup. Otherwise, outstanding!