Recipe by Caryn
This recipe comes from a 1980's Pillsbury Bake-Off Dessert Cookbook. Cook time does not include the time to refrigerate the pie.
Top Review by Maggie Cooks
This is absolutely wonderful. Lemon and luscious, just as the name advertises. My family likes the lemon taste to be a little more lemony, so I added an extra tablespoon of lemon juice and cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup. Otherwise, outstanding!
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, butter, lemon juice, milk, and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Cover and cool.
- Fold in sour cream; pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and lemon slice curls.