Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A middle eastern salad, that is so good! Especially if you like a lemon overload. From Quick and Simple.
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium bulgur wheat or 1 1⁄2 cups fine bulgur wheat
- 2 cups ice water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced seedless cucumber
- 2 cups diced cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, white part only
- In a large bowl, combine bulgar and cold water. Stir well and set aside until liquid is absorbed about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, whisk in olive oil. Add to bulgar and set aside until liquid is absorbed. about 15 minutes.
- Add parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, mint and green onions and toss well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
What a perfect name for this dish!!! It definitely has a "POW" of lemon flavor going on! I had some trouble with the bulgur wheat softening up though, I ended up having to boil it for about 3 minutes then let it sit to continue absorbing the liquid. Great side dish or for a lite meal. Thank you Marz ... I selected this for the "Taste of Yellow" event - May 2009 :)