Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
from the Sun Times
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg and egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon oil. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold this mixture into the dry ingredients to make a thick batter.
- Brush a nonstick skillet with ½ teaspoon oil, then heat over medium-low. With a 1/4 cup measure, drop the batter onto the skillet, spreading it slightly. Multiple pancakes can be cooked at once.
- Cook the pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the second side and cooked at the center, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Brush the skillet with the remaining oil and repeat with remaining batter.