Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very rich and intense lemon flavor.
Make and share this Lemon Lover's Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon peel, and lemon extract; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Beat just until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- To make icing: in a bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until well blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar; stir to combine.
- Beat in the lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This was a very good pound cake. It was moist and light and had great lemon flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This is a lovely, moist, lemon pound cake with a wonderful texture and great flavor. I will definitely make this again. I did not make the icing for this cake because we prefer our pound cake plain. Thanks for posting it.
My husband loves pound cake and this recipe did not disappoint. I served this to guests and many of them commented on the great lemony flavor. Will make again!