1/2 Photos of Lemon Lover's Pound Cake
1 hr 45 mins
Very rich and intense lemon flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- 3Add in the lemon juice, lemon peel, and lemon extract; stir to combine.
- 4In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- 6Beat just until combined.
- 7Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- 9Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- 10To make icing: in a bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until well blended.
- 11Gradually add powdered sugar; stir to combine.
- 12Beat in the lemon juice and lemon peel.
- 13Drizzle over cooled cake.
- 14Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lover's Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 153.7 mg
- Sodium 313.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 75.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g