Recipe by NELady
From Sharing Our Best by Crye-Leike Cookbook.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Oh, this was very good. Went together in nothing flat. I used Sprite and loved the taste. I did cut back a little on the glaze and used some lemon zest in it. Only problem I had was with my silicon fluted pan. The cake kinda stuck in places! Wasn't too pretty, but didn't hesitate to take some to my neighbor. Gotta get a new Bundt! Thnx for posting, NELady. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda pop (7-Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc.)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, pudding and oil. Mix in eggs, one at at a time, then add the pop. Pour in greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake at 325*F for 55 minutes. Let cook before glazing.
- Glaze: Combine all ingredients and whisk until blended, adding drops of water to thin to desired consistency (if necessary). Drizzle all over cake.