Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Sharing Our Best by Crye-Leike Cookbook.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda pop (7-Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc.)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine cake mix, pudding and oil. Mix in eggs, one at at a time, then add the pop. Pour in greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake at 325*F for 55 minutes. Let cook before glazing.
- Glaze: Combine all ingredients and whisk until blended, adding drops of water to thin to desired consistency (if necessary). Drizzle all over cake.
Oh, this was very good. Went together in nothing flat. I used Sprite and loved the taste. I did cut back a little on the glaze and used some lemon zest in it. Only problem I had was with my silicon fluted pan. The cake kinda stuck in places! Wasn't too pretty, but didn't hesitate to take some to my neighbor. Gotta get a new Bundt! Thnx for posting, NELady. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
This is the kind of cake you need to know about when those events come up that call for "taking a dish". It's quick and easy and more important, good!! The only lemon-lime drink that I had was Fresca, so, I can't compare it with the other drinks, but it was very good.