1/2 Photos of Lemon Lover's Layer Cake
I love lemon! This cake is best if chilled for a few hours before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2Cream butter, sugar, and grated lemon zest with an electric mixer in separate mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
- 3Beat eggs in 1 at a time, thoroughly.
- 4With electric mixer on low, add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with buttermilk.
- 5Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 6Divide batter evenly between 2 buttered and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cakes are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Removed cooled layers from pans.
- 10Cut layers in half horizontally with a serrated knife.
- 11Spread lemon curd evenly between the layers and stack on serving plate.
- 12Whip cream and confectioner's sugar together.
- 13Frost sides and top with whipped cream.
- 14Cover top and sides with sliced almonds, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lover's Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.5
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 313.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: