Prep 20 mins
Cook 26 mins
I love anything with lemon in it - to me it's one of the most refreshing flavors out there.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 -6 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan 13x9x2 inches with shortening.
- Beat sugar, butter, lemon peel, baking powder, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl constantlly (mixture will look curdled). Stir in flour.
- Spread in pan.
- Spoon lemon curd by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 3/4 inches apart onto batter.
- Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle Lemon Glaze over warm coffee cake. Serve warm or cool.
- Lemon Glaze:.
- Mix ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
This is one of my favorite Betty Crocker recipes and my coworkers love it at breakfast pitch-ins. It is AMAZING when still warm. Made and reviewed on my blog: http://kitchenandcraftadventures.blogspot.com/2011/06/lemon-lovers-coffee-cake.html