L DJ's Note:
Lemony cheese cake with sponge cake bottom, sour cream top and drizzled with lemon sauce. Times are approx.
My Private Note
"9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 extra-large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 drops lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Sponge Cake Layer.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Sift cake flour, baking powder, together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- 4Beat egg yolks together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high for 3 minutes.
- 5Then, with mixer still running, gradually add sugar continue beating until thick and light-yellow about 5 minutes longer.
- 6Beat in vanilla and lemon extracts.
- 7Sift flour mixture over batter and gently stir it in by hand then blend in butter.
- 8In a clean bowl, using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar together on high until frothy.
- 9Gradually add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 10The whites should stand up in stiff peaks, but not be dry.
- 11Stir about 1/3 cup of whites into the batter, then gently fold in remaining whites.
- 12Gently spoon batter into the pan.
- 13Bake cake just until center of the cake springs back when lightly touched, only about 10 minutes.
- 14Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack while making cheesecake filling.
- 15Do not remove from pan.
- 16CHEESE CAKE.
- 17Preheat oven 300 degrees F.
- 18In large mixer bowl beat cheese until fluffy.
- 19Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- 20Add eggs one at a time and lemon juice.
- 21Evenly pour cheese filling on top of baked sponge cake.
- 22Bake 50-55 minutes, until center is set.
- 23Remove from oven; turn oven to 500 degrees F.
- 24Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla well; spread evenly over top of cheese cake; return to oven bake 5 min.
- 25Remove from oven, cool, chill for several hours; best over night.
- 26LEMON SAUCE.
- 27Combine cornstarch and sugar in a small saucepan.
- 28Slowly stir boiling water into the sugar mixture.
- 29Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- 30Cover and cook over very low heat or over boiling water in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until no raw starch taste remains, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 31Remove from heat and stir in lemon rind and juice.
- 33When ready to serve cheese cake drizzle over servings.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lovers Cheese Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5658.9
- Calories from Fat 3186
- Total Fat 354.1 g
- Saturated Fat 212.7 g
- Cholesterol 2196.9 mg
- Sodium 2890.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 509.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 403.4 g
- Protein 124.3 g