Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Asparagus with the lemon makes a beautiful dish. I hope you will enjoy this recipe from Eating Well Magazine.
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons oregano, chopped fresh (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the asparagus, the lemon slices, oil, oregano, salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, shaking the pan occasionally to toss, until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 13 to 15 minutes.
Yummers! I made 2 large servings of this and we devoured every morsel. Very simple and tasty with the combination of the lemon, oregano and lots of black pepper. Thanks Bev for another winner. Made for 123 Tag.
Made this for my neighbors as requested by them~this was devoured by everyone, and although simple, tasted 5 star. The lemon balanced out the flavor of the asparagus, and was so tasty. I added a small tablespoon of butter, and decreased the olive oil to 1 tablespoon, as this really brought out of the flavor of the two basic ingredients ~ asparagus and lemon. This has already been requested again for the rotation. Thanks, Bev~
A great blend of flavors. Would be good cold in a salad, also! Thanks for sharing!