Recipe by Charmed
I found this cookie recipe a number of years ago in a Ladies Home Journal magazine, and it's been one of my favorites ever since. It's very delicate and a bit crumbly, so a bit difficult to slice, but well worth it. It melts in your mouth.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine flour& salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter with confectioner's sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- At low speed gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in coconut and lemon peel.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Make glaze by stirring confectioner's sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread glaze over warm cookies in pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cool completely& cut into 2" triangles.