Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this cookie recipe a number of years ago in a Ladies Home Journal magazine, and it's been one of my favorites ever since. It's very delicate and a bit crumbly, so a bit difficult to slice, but well worth it. It melts in your mouth.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine flour& salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter with confectioner's sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- At low speed gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in coconut and lemon peel.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Make glaze by stirring confectioner's sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread glaze over warm cookies in pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cool completely& cut into 2" triangles.