This is the best! Even people who don't like lemon like these. They melt in your mouth. I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I have been making there or 30 years. I want to post here so that they live on forever.
- Combine butter, flour and powdered sugar n bowl, mix until crumbly.
- Press into ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 350°F - 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Combine sugar, 2 tbsp flour & baking powder in bowl.
- Add eggs, lemon juice & rind. Mix well.
- Pour evenly over baked, cooled crust.
- Bake 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Top will puff-up while baking but will fall when cooling.
- Cool in pan on rack & cut into 2-inch squares.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes 16.