Recipe by grandma2969
these are thin crisp bars with a delicate taste of lemon with a sprinkling of coconut on top...
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350*.Lightly butter a 13x9 baking pan and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE BATTER:.
- sift the flour, and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in the coconut.and lemon zest.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool on a wire rack.Glaze the bars while still warm.
- TO MAKE THE GLAZE:.
- In a bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle the mixture over the warm cookies and spread evenly with a small flexible spatula.
- Sprinkle with the coconut.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.