1/1 Photo of Lemon Loaf Cake
1 hr 15 mins
This uses cake flour which is not the same as all purpose flour. This cake can be prepared 3 days ahead of time, wrapped tightly and roomed at room temperature. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1984)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- 3Using a food processor process the flour, baking powder and salt together for 3 seconds and pour into a bowl and set aside.
- 4In the food processor process the sugar and lemon peel until peel is minced.
- 5Add eggs and process for 1 minute.
- 6Add butter and blend for 1 minute.
- 7Add the dry ingredients and mix using 2 on/off turns.
- 8Run a spatula around the sides mixture and then blend until ingredients are combined using 1 or 2 on/off turns.
- 9Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then invert on a cooling rack, turning right side up.
- 12For the icing mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 13Brush icing over top and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Loaf Cake
Serving Size: 1 (825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3115.9
- Calories from Fat 1393
- Total Fat 154.8 g
- Saturated Fat 92.3 g
- Cholesterol 1000.5 mg
- Sodium 1850.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 403.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 237.2 g
- Protein 37.5 g