Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was submitted by Gerd Doroshuk of Dauphin Manitoba and was included in the Extending the Table cookbook. In Norway, they know this as "Citron Kake". The potato flour used in this recipe is simlar to cornstarch and give the cake a nice, smooth texture. (If potato flour is not available, you can substitute cornstarch or rice flour, or increase the white flour to 3 cups.) This was posted for the ZWT 6.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar and eggs until thick.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Pour batter into 2 loaf pans, greased and floured on the bottoms only.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from pans and dwhile still warm, glaze with thick paste of juice from 1 lemon and confectioner's sugar.
- Serve in slices with fresh fruit or sherbert.