Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This tangy snack won me my first bake trade, from a girl on my high school swim team. I got two dozen chocolate chip cookies for one loaf. (I got ripped off) :D All of the lemons in this recipe are used, juice and all.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 lemons, zest of
- Cream the margarine/butter.
- In separate bowl combine white sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs to creamed margarine, (use electric mixer and whip).
- Gradually add dry ingredients alternating with milk.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and then pour in mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- For icing, combine 1/4 cup white sugar with juice of 2 lemons.
- Spoon over loaf while still warm--first poking some holes with a fork or cake tester.
Very lemony, very moist, and freezes really well. Thanks for posting. I did add a tad of lemon extract with the zest into the cake.