Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This linguini has a wonderfully subtle flavor and a gentle sweetness. It's neither too lemony nor too bland!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, of grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, uncooked
- 9 ounces cooked chicken breasts, strips
- In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, water, lemon peel, lemon juice, honey, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and add linguini.
- Reduce heat, coer, and simmer 15 minutes or until some liquid has been evaporated; stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken strips, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until linguini is tender, strirring occasionally.
This has a delightfully delicate flavor. I fix chicken for myself quite often and I’m always looking for different ways to serve it. This is a keeper!