Make the pesto in advance and refrigerate until ready to use. The rest goes quickly. From Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy Blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 medium sized garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted or 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and red pepper flakes
- 1Pesto Directions:
- 2Put basil leaves and garlic in bowl of a food processor.
- 3Pulse a few times to combine.
- 4Add Parmesan cheese and pine nuts; pulse a few more times.
- 5Scrape mixture into a bowl and whisk in olive oil.
- 6Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste; stir.
- 7Lemon Linguine:
- 8Place shrimp in a non-metal bowl or zipper bag; spoon in half of the pesto to coat. Mix well. Set aside the rest of the pesto for later.
- 9Place shrimp in the refrigerator to marinate for about 30 minutes. You can also put the shrimp on wooden skewers that have been thoroughly soaked in water.
- 10Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet or grill pan. Add the shrimp and saute just until it turns pink, about 1 or 2 minutes per side.
- 11Remove shrimp from pan and cover to keep warm. Shrimp will continue to cook for a minute after you remove it from the heat.
- 12In a large serving bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and olive oil until partially emulsified.
- 13Add the Parmesan and continue whisking until creamy.
- 14Toss in the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- 15Adjust the oil-to-lemon ratio by adding more lemon juice, a little at a time, until it is to your taste.
- 16Add hot pasta to the bowl and toss until well-coated. The heat from the pasta will melt the cheese and help it stick to the linguine.
- 17Add some cooking water if the pasta seems dry.
- 18Portion the linguine onto dinner plates; top each with 4 to 6 shrimp.
- 19Ladle some remaining pesto onto each plate as well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Linguine With Basil Pesto Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1195.6
- Calories from Fat 657
- Total Fat 73.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 1099.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: