Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An elegant summery combination of spicy shrimp, asparagus and pasta kissed with lemon. From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb small shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, cayenne, oregano and salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- Cook linguine according to the package directrions. Add the asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon peel; add linguine mixture and toss to coat.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade.
- Add shrimp to linguine. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with basil.