Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light, refreshing side dish that is perfect along side fish or shellfish. It is simple to prepare and made up of ingredients that I usually have on hand.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine al dente in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Drain well.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add oil, parsley, lemon peel, and pepper to coat.
- Combine chicken stock, lemon juice and cornstarch in heavy large skillet, whisk to completely dissolve cornstarach.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add pasta mixture to sauce in skillet over low heat.
- Toss to coat until it is heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Very nice, used fettuccini since that's what I had on hand, my DH and eldest DS found it too lemon-y. Myself and youngest DS found it perfect. Thank you Normaone
Terrific, Normaone. I added some dill and tossed in some shrimp. Great chow!