Recipe by cookiedog
Serve this very leomony pasta with chicken, fish, or shellfish. Recipe from Historic Requa Inn of California
Top Review by Christina N.
Delicious! I added 3 cloves of garlic which I sauteed for a couple minutes in the butter before tossing with the pasta. I seasoned the butter with salt and pepper as well as the finished dish. Finally I added a healthy amount of capers at the end. I did not have any parsley on hand, it was fine without. The sauce is indeed very lemony but I found it delicious.
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cream just to the boiling point in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add hot cream, a dribble at a time, being careful not to curdle egg yolks.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest; set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pasta and toss to coat. Add lemon mixture and toss to combine. Cook for about 1 minute, just to marry ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Add parsley, toss and serve.