Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This can be made into a nice beverage for a hot summer's day. Recipe for the beverage to follow. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool.
- Stir in lemon and lime juices.
- Put in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Seal and refrigerate at least 6 hours before using.
- This can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.