Recipe by JCrosgrey
Delicious Lemon flavour... looks great on a cookie tray for the holidays or any time of year!
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lime rind (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg, lemon extract and lime rind.
- Mix in milk and salt, then add 1 cup of flour at a time, mixing well.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough into 10 inch long ropes.
- Fold rope in two and twist to make a braid like cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon juice.
- Brush over cookies while still warm.