An excellent substitute for those brand name sodas or the pre-made mix full of chemicals that SodaStream sells.
- Slice limes and lemons into thin slices, discarding pith ends.
- Mix sliced fruit, sugar, and water in sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain into container for storage.
- Mix 1/2 Cup syrup with 1 Liter of carbonated water.
I love my soda stream, and sometimes purchase the syrup for my kids because we rarely purchase commercially made soda. This definitely tastes better than the soda stream lemon lime syrup, but doesn't quite taste like Sprite. It was pretty good overall!