Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Freezing time is about 4 hours. This cooler has a combination of sweet and sour taste.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons, juice of (1/3 cup)
- 2 limes, juice of (1/3 cup)
- 1 lemon, washed and cut into paper-thin slices and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 lime, thinly sliced,for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water to a boil, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon and lime juices and cook 1 minute, then add the lemon slices, if desired, and cook 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a 9- by 13-inch metal or glass pan and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until half frozen.
- Using a fork, break up the ice until texture is almost smooth.
- Freeze for another hour.
- Break up ice crystals with a fork and scoop mixture into a parfait glass or tall, narrow glass.
- Serve with a spoon, a straw, and, if desired, a slice of lime on the edge of glass.