Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Rachel Ray's August magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon slice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lime slice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Using a blender, mix the boiling water, sugar, lemon peel and lime peel until the sugar is dissolved, about 15 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice and ice cubes and blend on high speed until slushy, about 15 seconds.
- Serve with the lemon and lime slices.
This indeed is a very tart tart slush. I ended up having to add 1 packet of Splenda to the mix as it was just a bit to sour for me. This is personal preference though and so for those that like really sour slushies, this would fit the bill. Very refreshing and would make a great drink for a hot summer day!~ Made for PhotoTag~
AN OUTSTANDING SLUSH with a great citrus flavor ~ REALLY, REALLY GREAT, & the recipe IS a keeper! So cool & refreshing ~ A great lemonade that you eat with a spoon (or at least I did)! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
This slush really hit the spot. I would imagine adding a sprig of mint or mint extract would make this slush even more amazing!