Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A nice citrusy scone. Great with lemon curd or any jam or butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cold
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the lime zest. Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Beat the egg slightly in a bowl, mix with the milk, then pour into dry mixture. Stir with a fork to make a soft dough.
- Roll into 12 (2-inch) balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- Mix icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make a barely pourable glaze. Drizzle over scones.