Recipe by Baby Kato
Whats not to like....roasted potatoes with herbs, garlic, wine, lemon, lime and onions...ummmm Please note: *The AMOUNT of cayenne pepper used is optional.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made two changes (if you want to call them that) ~ I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us & then did not peel the potatoes since we like the flavor of the skins! Otherwise I followed the recipe & we were very pleased with the potatoes! Had a few pieces left over, as well, & they were great as a cold snack! Thanks for a great keeper, as I'll be making these 'tatoes again! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
- 6 large red potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and halve potates, cut sweet onion into wedges, mince garlic and slice shallots.
- Mix potatoes, onion, garlic, shallots, dried basil, coriander, sea salt and cayenne pepper together.
- Mix well and add to glass pan.
- Juice 1 lemon and 1/2 of a lime, add to water, slowly mix in olive oil.
- Next add the white wine to the liquid mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture over potatoes, cover and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 80 minutes.
- Turn potates frequently while cooking to keep from burning.
- If potatoes start to dry out too quickly add more water as required.
- The potatoes are ready when they are fork tender and crispy.