Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
delicious house favourite for all occasions
- 3 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Dream Whip topping mix (one envelope only)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- Prepare cake according to boxed instructions in a 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Remove when done and poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon or meat fork.
- Dissolve lime jello with 3/4 cup hot water and then 1/2 cup cold water.
- Refrigerate jello just until lightly syrupy.
- Drizzle syrupy jello into the holes in cake and then all over top, concentrating on the holes first.
- Whip pudding mix, dream whip and the milk together with vanilla until thick.for about five minutes.
- Spread all over cake, and place in refrigerator, keep chilled until serving.
- Just a note:.
- I do remove from fridge and serve almost at room temperature. Note that if left on table for an hour or so does not harm it. Just place in fridge for long periods of time.
My favorite summery cool cake - I have loved this for YEARS!!!!
Very simple, easy recipe that is soooo refreshing when it's warm and muggy out! Made and reviewed for Fall '09 PAC.
I have the same recipe and my family loves it light taste. It is easy to fix.