1/1 Photo of Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 9 mins
This is another find from Bon Appetit. This is really good with fresh strawberries as strawberry shortcake...gosh, I wish strawberries were in season again! *cooking times approx*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spray 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Whisk flour and salt in bowl to blend.
- 4Using an electric mixer ( I use my kitchen aid large bowl mixer) beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- 5Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy.
- 6Add eggs 1 at a time until until combined.
- 7Add in 1 teaspoon each of lemon and lime peels.
- 8Beat in flour mixture in 4 additions alternating with 3/4 cup of the lemon lime soda in 3 additions.
- 9When all combined transfer batter to prepared bundt pan.
- 10Bake cake until golden on top and tester comes out clean (about 1 hour 15 minutes).
- 11Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- 12Turn cake out onto cake rack and cool completely.
- 13Combine powdered sugar and reserved 1/2 teaspoon each of the lemon and lime peels in a bowl.
- 14Whisk in enough of the remaining 2 tablespoons of soda to form a thick enough frosting to drizzle over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Lime Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.1
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 132.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 66.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: