Cook1 hr 9 mins
This is another find from Bon Appetit. This is really good with fresh strawberries as strawberry shortcake...gosh, I wish strawberries were in season again! *cooking times approx*
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour and salt in bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer ( I use my kitchen aid large bowl mixer) beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time until until combined.
- Add in 1 teaspoon each of lemon and lime peels.
- Beat in flour mixture in 4 additions alternating with 3/4 cup of the lemon lime soda in 3 additions.
- When all combined transfer batter to prepared bundt pan.
- Bake cake until golden on top and tester comes out clean (about 1 hour 15 minutes).
- Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto cake rack and cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and reserved 1/2 teaspoon each of the lemon and lime peels in a bowl.
- Whisk in enough of the remaining 2 tablespoons of soda to form a thick enough frosting to drizzle over the cake.