1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #577660's Note:
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 lb organic powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lime zest, reserve the juice for the glaze below (about 3 medium limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons powdered lemon flavoring (available from King Arthur Flour Company)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 12-cup angel food cake pan with removable bottom or you may use a 12 cup *bundt cake pan.
- 3Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar, then lime zest and salt. Bet in eggs 1 at a time. Add flour and lemon powder in 3 additions, beating just until blended each time. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- 4Bake cake until a golden color and tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cut around center tube and pan sides of angel food cake pan to loosen cake. Remove pan sides.
- 5Cool cake completely.
- 6*If using a bundt cake pan, cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out on rack; cool completely.
- 7Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon powder and lime juice until smooth.
- 8Transfer cake to a plate, then drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
- 9Cooks Note: Cake (without glaze) can be made 1 day ahead and kept, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at room temperature. This recipe can be made with all organic ingredients.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lime Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.1
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: