Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious!
Make and share this Lemon Lime Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 lb organic powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lime zest, reserve the juice for the glaze below (about 3 medium limes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons powdered lemon flavoring (available from King Arthur Flour Company)
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered lemon flavoring
- 5 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter and flour a 12-cup angel food cake pan with removable bottom or you may use a 12 cup *bundt cake pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar, then lime zest and salt. Bet in eggs 1 at a time. Add flour and lemon powder in 3 additions, beating just until blended each time. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until a golden color and tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cut around center tube and pan sides of angel food cake pan to loosen cake. Remove pan sides.
- Cool cake completely.
- *If using a bundt cake pan, cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out on rack; cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon powder and lime juice until smooth.
- Transfer cake to a plate, then drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
- Cooks Note: Cake (without glaze) can be made 1 day ahead and kept, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at room temperature. This recipe can be made with all organic ingredients.