Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Prep time includes the baked cake and chilling time.
Make and share this Lemon Lime Poke Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Place cake layers,top sides up in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans.
- Pierce layers all over with a fork.
- Stir 1 cup boiling water into each flavor of jello (in separate bowls) for 2 minutes until dissolved.
- Carefully pour lemon jello over 1 cake layer and lime jello over the other layer Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Dip bottom of cake pan in warm water for 10 seconds to loosen cake.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Spread about 1 cup of Cool Whip over the top.
- Unmold the other layer and place on top of the first layer.
- Frost with remaining Cool Whip.
- Keep refrigerated.
I changed up this recipe for a work pot luck just a tad. It was a St. Patrick's Day pot luck, so I used lime jello, and I made it in a 13x9 dish, so just one layer. I also added 6 drops of green food color to the cool whip to make a green frosting. Green sprinkles on top -- and voila! Best dessert of the pot luck. Thanks for posting this! I'm going to try it your way this summer, for sure.
I know this is a good recipe, and it sure brings back memories. I used to make this when my kids were little, the only thing different was that I made it as a sheet cake with one flavor of jello. Not too long ago I found a recipe which was very like this one,except after mixing up the cake, you divide the cake batter into seprate bowls and add a box of sugar free jello to each one, then bake and frost with cool whip.