Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and tangy! From my scrap collection.
Make and share this Lemon-Lime Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening or 2 tablespoons oil
To sprinkle on top
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in nuts and fruit peels.
- Combine egg, carbonated beverage and shortening.
- Add all at once, stirring just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Combine 2 T grated lemon peel and 3 T sugar to sprinkle over the top of bread last 5 minutes of baking.