Recipe Junkie's Note:
Delicious and tangy! From my scrap collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening or 2 tablespoons oil
To sprinkle on top
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 2Stir in nuts and fruit peels.
- 3Combine egg, carbonated beverage and shortening.
- 4Add all at once, stirring just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- 5Pour into a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 6Combine 2 T grated lemon peel and 3 T sugar to sprinkle over the top of bread last 5 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Lime Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2824.2
- Calories from Fat 779
- Total Fat 86.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 4201.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 467.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.6 g
- Sugars 199.9 g
- Protein 56.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: