Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was the first hummus I made when I got my new food processor, and I'm never buying it at the store again! I got the recipe from PracticalYoga.tv and followed it exactly. I love the very fresh and bright flavors from the citrus fruits and how well the spices complement them. I eat it as a healthy snack on carrot and celery sticks. The original recipe notes: "If you are going to use the zest of a citrus fruit it is important that you buy organic, since the outside peel houses most of the pesticides." Note: Original recipe makes quite a lot. I usually halve the recipe for a week's worth of hummus for two.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansorganic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup organic olive oil
- 1 organic lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 organic lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic tahini (roasted kind for richer flavor)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- sea salt
- water, as necessary
- Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor.
- Turn processor to "On" and slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Continue processing, adding filtered water as necessary to get the texture and creaminess you desire.
- Season to taste with sea salt.