This was the first hummus I made when I got my new food processor, and I'm never buying it at the store again! I got the recipe from PracticalYoga.tv and followed it exactly. I love the very fresh and bright flavors from the citrus fruits and how well the spices complement them. I eat it as a healthy snack on carrot and celery sticks. The original recipe notes: "If you are going to use the zest of a citrus fruit it is important that you buy organic, since the outside peel houses most of the pesticides." Note: Original recipe makes quite a lot. I usually halve the recipe for a week's worth of hummus for two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1 organic lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 organic lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic tahini (roasted kind for richer flavor)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- sea salt
- water, as necessary
- 1Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor.
- 2Turn processor to "On" and slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- 3Continue processing, adding filtered water as necessary to get the texture and creaminess you desire.
- 4Season to taste with sea salt.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lime Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 260.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g