Recipe by * Pamela *
My daughter saw this dessert on the cover of "Kraft's What's cooking?" magazine and asked me to make it for a special lunch. It is great light dessert that you can make ahead. It looks so elegant and the citrus flavour is out of this world! Cook time is freezer time.
Top Review by Darlene10
Made this and it is a great, refreshing dessert. The original recipe called for lining the pan with tinfoil and that worked perfectly for me. I would recommend that this step be taken.
- 2 cups lime sherbet, thawed slightly
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (or make your own with Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip
- lemon slices (to garnish) or lime slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread lime sherbet on the bottom of a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture on top of sherbet layer.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve invert on serving pan and garnish with lemon or lime slices.