Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A real show-stopper of a dessert. Prep time does not include the 3 hours freezing time.
- 2 cups lemon sherbet or 2 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice or 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil.
- Spoon sherbet into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with wire whisk until creamy.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and lime juice, beating until well blended.
- Stir in whipped topping; spread over sherbet layer in pan.
- Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut into 12 slices to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in freezer.
doesn't get any easier! Sherbet seemed to be hard to come by - I ended up using rainbow - which was a bit of a challenge to keep from looking muddy.