Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
The tang of citrus gives a refreshing goodness to this cousin of the chocolate crackle cookie. An attractive cookie that tastes as good as it looks. They will be as welcome at Christmas time as they are during the summer.
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, grated
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets.
- In blender or processor,c combine the coconut, lemon peel and lime peel. Cover and process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, eggs, additioal, whipped topping and lemon juice, mixing. Add the cake mix and reserved coconut mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons into a bowl of powdered sugar. Shape into balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.