1/1 Photo of Lemon & Lime Black Sesame Mini Loaves
1 hr 5 mins
This is a really moist cake and because of the lemon and lime it is super fresh so perfect for summer (if you can tolerate turning the oven on when the sun is blazing!)
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 180C (fan oven).
- 2Whisk the sugar and eggs together until the mixture is thick and a very light yellow colour.
- 3In a separate bowl or jug mix the oil, milk, zest and lemon/lime juice together. Don't worry - the citrus will curdle the milk but it all works out ok when you mix it with the rest of the ingredients!
- 4Slowly add the oil/milk/citrus mixture to the sugar and egg while whisking. Once fully combined, start to mix in the flour and baking powder.
- 5I wanted to have a bit more of the sesame flavour so put the sesame seeds in a dry pan on a medium to high temperature for a few minutes until the oils and flavours started to come out.
- 6Mix the sesame seeds into the batter then spoon into mini loaf tins or cases.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes uncovered then lightly cover with foil for another 15 minutes. Allow to cool before getting stuck in!
- 8You can sieve some icing sugar on top or even make an icing and lemon juice glaze but I decided to keep things basic and just left them as they came out of the oven.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon & Lime Black Sesame Mini Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.7
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g