Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cordial in Australia is a concentrated non-alcoholic drink mix, I love lemon, lime & bitters and found this in an old issue of BH&G.
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 slices lemon rind
- 3 slices lime rind
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- of fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
- Combine lemon & lime juice, rind & sugar in a saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add a small bunch of mint if using & simmer the syrup for approx 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat & pour through a sieve, allow to cool and add bitters, stir until well combined.
- Pour into sterilised bottles & refrigerate.