Without the sanding sugar, these make a savory option with tea. I found this in Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (plus more for pressing cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- sanding sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Place flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, basil, both zests, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor.
- 3Pulse until large, moist clumps form.
- 4Measure level tablespoonfuls of dough; roll between your palms to form balls.
- 5Place on a large baking sheet, spacing 2" apart.
- 6Lightly dust the bottom of a flat measuring cup with powdered sugar and press cookies into 2" rounds, dusting cup bottom with powdered sugar as needed to prevent sticking.
- 7Sprinkle tops of cookies with sanding sugar if you want them sweet.
- 8Bake until edges are brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Lime Basil Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 156.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: