Recipe by Chickee
Supposedly the traditional drink at the 19th Hole in Australia, I think you're more likely to find this drink at a pub. Summery and simple, yet elegant and "special" enough for a special occasion.
Top Review by Chef floWer
After much searching I found a non-alcoholic bitter. So we finally made this recipe for the whole family. We thoroughly enjoyed this drink and will make this often. Will also make it for guest who don't drink. Thanks for the recipe Chickee and for the advice long ago about bitters.
- 5 drops angostura aromatic bitters
- 30 ml lime cordial or 30 ml fresh lime juice
- lemon squash, to top (eg Solo, or Soda water or Lemonade if you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rim the inside of a glass with 5-6 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters.
- Swirl until the glass is evenly coated with Angostura aromatic bitters then add ice.
- Fill glass with Lemon squash or solo and a shot of lime cordial and/or fresh lime juice. ( For a low-cal version fill glass with soda or use diet drinks).
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and/or lime.