Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light and lemony cheesecake filling in puff pastries that is SO easy to make, but is fancy enough for company!
- 1 (2 ounce) package miniature phyllo cups
- 6 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup light whipped topping
- Bake pastry cups according to directions. I used Pepperidge Farms cups, but you could use Phyllo mini cups as well.
- Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon juice. I used meyer lemons.
- Add lemon zest. I used about 1/4 tsp or so (basically what I could get off with my pitiful zester from one small meyer lemon).
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
- For best flavor, refrigerate at least an hour, but better overnight.
- When the pastry cups are done, allow to cool.
- I split the pastry cups in half because they are pretty big and I wanted them as appetizer sized desserts, not full desserts, so if you're is 6 pastry cups and you use them as the full size cup, double the nutrition information.
- Using a pastry bag (or in a pinch, ziploc bag) pipe the filling into the cups before serving.