1/1 Photo of Lemon Lentil Stew
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a hearty and delicious lentil stew with a strong lemon flavor. Serve it with any dinner menu or even as a simple main dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse off the barley and let it soak in a cup of water overnight.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3Place the chicken breast in a baking dish. Zest one lemon on top of the chicken and squeeze all of the juice over it.
- 4Bake the chicken for approximately 30 minutes or until done (this is for boneless skinless chicken breast, adjust cook time if using chicken with bones).
- 5Shred the chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- 6Sauté the onion in a large pot with the olive oil for about five minutes.
- 7Rinse the lentils and add them to the pot.
- 8Drain the barley and add it to the pot. Squeeze the second lemon into the pot (be careful not to add any seeds!).
- 9Add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, oregano, parsley, and four cups of water. Mix the contents and bring them to a boil.
- 10Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 11Add in the shredded chicken breast and carrots and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lentil Stew
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g