Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Superb! Rolled cookie-dough which can be kept in the freezer ready for a quick treat for guests. Lemon flavor galore! Real lemony! Crispy and nutty...just what we dream about!
Top Review by Love2Eat
Chill and slice cookies are my favourite because they are so easy! I love being able to make the dough in advance and just slice and bake when I want to. These morsels are delicious....lemon being one of my favourite flavours. Very, very easy to whip together which is usually what I need nowadays! Thanks Seasoned Cook....there will probably always be a roll or two of these in my fridge/freezer.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and sugar until fluffy. Add beaten egg, lemon juice, lemon rind and lemon extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture, beating until just blended. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into a long roll, 2 inches in diameter; wrap in waxed paper and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm. (may be frozen for later use).
- Unwrap roll and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake.