Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy, quick, tasty throw in the oven for an hour when you come home from work for everyone to enjoy. The chicken has to marinate over night for best results, but a case of forgetfulness won't hurt this meal at all.
- Wash the four chicken thighs, pat dry, salt and pepper.
- Put the thighs in a one gallon zip lock bag, and pour the juice of three lemons over the chicken and return to the frig until the next day. (I'll flip the zipped chicken a few times to make sure the lemon juice does its job.)
- On cook day, spray a 13-by-9-by-2 baking dish.
- Spread the uncooked rice on the bottom, the thin sliced onions on top of the rice.
- Place the four chicken thighs on top of the sliced onions and pour any juice in the bag over the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken, then cover the chicken with the two thin sliced lemons.
- Bake covered for one hour in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove and let rest for five minutes.
- Enjoy this lemon lemon chicken dinner!
I made this for company Saturday night. It was quite tasty. I did, however, use chicken quarters (but it worked fine), and I only marinated for approx 6 hrs. I think if I make this again I would add a tad bit more lemon and garlic (I like the flavor to be bold). I was worried about how the rice would turn out in the bottom of this dish, so I did make a side of rice on the stove-top with lemon seasoning. Served this with a lemon-beer mixed cocktail (I think it's considered a "Shandy"). Thank you for posting this recipe. (Made for PAC - Spring 2013)
Made this as instructed and it turned out delicious but I think next time I will add a little more lemon. This was easy to prepare and even easier to eat. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
I added a little bit more lemon to this, I wanted to be sure to have that lemon taste. It was very easy to prepare. I served green beans with this. It was a great meal that I would make again. Thanks for posting this recipe.