Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from "Not Your Mother's Casseroles" by Faith Durand. This is equally good hot, room temperature, or cold. (To reheat, place in a 300F oven for 12-14 minutes.) I tried adding the lemon juice as well as the zest, and it was overwhelming; save the juice for another recipe.
- 7 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 lb goat cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthwise, cut into half-moons, well-rinsed (white and light-green parts only)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add lemon zest. Crumble goat cheese and stir into eggs. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a 10" skillet (non-stick or cast iron). Add leeks and saute slowly, about 10 minutes, until limp and fragrant but not browned. Add parsley and stir until it wilts, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add contents of pan to egg mixture and stir.
- Wipe out pan and add more oil. When shimmering, add egg mixture to pan and set over medium heat. Cook 10-15 minutes until bottom is set. From time to time, pull edge of fritatta away from side of pan and tilt to let liquid egg run underneath.
- When everything looks mostly set, place pan under hot broiler for 3-5 minutes, until top is puffed and brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Loosen edges with a spatula and invert onto a serving platter. Cut into 4-6 wedges and serve.