Toni in Colorado's Note:
This is a recipe I'm going to make for Limon, Colorado's Heritage Days in August where they sell slices in a dining car of an old train car. Piecrust rounds are the layers, and this is a prize tested recipe from Better Homes. When I try it, I will review it. Mrs. Norma Coppenbarger was the prize winner. I'm estimating preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll half the dough to 1/8 inch thickeness.
- 2Fit into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 3Prick bottom and sides with a fork.
- 4Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 5Divide remaining pastry in half.
- 6Roll each half to 1/8 inch thickness and trim one to an 8 inch circle and the other to an 8 3/4 inch circle.
- 7Place on paking sheet and prick.
- 8Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8-10 minutes and cool.
- 9Combine sugar and gelatin.
- 10Add the water, eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice and butter or margarine.
- 11Cook stirring constantly, over low heat until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- 12Chill until mixture mounds.
- 13Whip whipping cream.
- 14Fold into lemon mixture.
- 15Place 1 cup filling into baked pastry shell and cover with the 8 inch pastry round.
- 16Repeat with 1 cup lemon filling and the 8 3/4 inch round.
- 17Top with remaining filling.
- 18Chill until set, 3-4 hours.
- 19Garnish with additional whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Layer Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.3
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 307.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 14.4 g