Recipe by Sharlene~W
I love lemon pies--any kind. I can't wait to try this variation I found on the Pillsbury website. It is three layers, cream cheese, lemon and whipped cream. Mmmmm.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F For lemon layer: In medium saucepan, combine 2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Gradually add cold water, stirring constantly until blended.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly; stir into sugar mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel; blend well.
- For cream cheese layer: In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- Add egg; blend well.
- Spoon and spread cream cheese mixture in prepared crust.
- Spoon lemon mixture over cream cheese mixture; spread carefully to cover.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- (Center will not be set.) Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until completely chilled.
- Whip cream and sweeten it to taste.
- Serve pie topped with whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator.