Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another cheater dessert from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Lemon Layer Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small angel food cake
- 1 cup lemon curd
- whipped cream, from a can
- 1 cup crushed lemon cookies
- Using a long serrated knife, slice each cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Using a spatula, spread half the lemon curd on the 2 bottom cake layers. Top with a generous layer of whipped cream.
- Place the middle cake layers on top and spread with the remaining curd and more whipped cream.
- Place the remaining 2 cake layers on top, cover with whipped cream and sprinkle with the crushed cookies.
I cut this out of magazine as well and made for my mom's birthday. The only thing is that the top layer of whipped cream needs to be added just before serving, as it drips down the cake, and soaks in. Still tastes good, but it did not look as pretty. Thanks for posting!