Recipe by BecR
A wonderful dinner party dessert -- and so easy! You may also wish to add fresh seasonal fruits such as raspberries or strawberries, dusted with confectioner's sugar. Preparation time includes a four hour chill time. Adapted from an 'A la Carte with Lee White' recipe.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon culinary lavender
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- lemon twist (to garnish)
- fresh lavender, sprigs (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the culinary lavender into a tea ball and bring the cream, lavender and sugar to a boil in a medium, heavy non-reactive saucepan, stirring constantly. (You may also add the culinary lavender without use of a tea ball and strain it out after the boil step.).
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Off the heat, whisk in the lemon juice.
- Pour the cream into small glasses, let cool slightly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature and garnish before serving.
- You may also wish to add in-season fresh fruit, like raspberries or strawberries, dusted with confectioners' sugar.