4 hrs 15 mins
A wonderful dinner party dessert -- and so easy! You may also wish to add fresh seasonal fruits such as raspberries or strawberries, dusted with confectioner's sugar. Preparation time includes a four hour chill time. Adapted from an 'A la Carte with Lee White' recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the culinary lavender into a tea ball and bring the cream, lavender and sugar to a boil in a medium, heavy non-reactive saucepan, stirring constantly. (You may also add the culinary lavender without use of a tea ball and strain it out after the boil step.).
- 2Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- 3Off the heat, whisk in the lemon juice.
- 4Pour the cream into small glasses, let cool slightly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- 5Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature and garnish before serving.
- 6You may also wish to add in-season fresh fruit, like raspberries or strawberries, dusted with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lavender Posset
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: